This is a non-contact HOME STUDY training based on a live training that was recorded.
Play therapy has an established history as an effective treatment for children who have experienced trauma. This training will discuss the neurobiology of trauma on a child’s developing brain and implementing the effective use of the therapeutic powers of play as a change agent in treatment. This training will provide directive play therapy interventions for working with children and adolescents who have experienced trauma to assist with providing psychoeducation, feelings identification, affect regulation, reprocessing traumatic experiences and creating safety.
- Describe the neurobiology of trauma to understand what’s happening in the traumatized brain and the impact on children, emotionally, behaviorally, and physically.
- Discuss the importance of the therapeutic powers of play as a change agent in the treatment of trauma to address thoughts, feelings and healing related to traumatic experiences.
- Identify 10 directive play therapy techniques to assist children and adolescents with reprocessing traumatic experiences and lead towards healing.
Practice information for Brianna Grant, LCSW, RPT-S™:
In order to receive continuing education credit for this home study training you must complete the following:
- Read through the PowerPoint Slides
- Watch the complete video of the presentation, which is approximately 3 hours and 11 minutes.
- Complete the Course Evaluation
- Complete the Quiz
- After all of the above have been completed, the course room will generate a CE certificate you are able to save and/or print.
Revelation of Hope Counseling Services is solely responsible for this training program. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to [email protected]. All governance or additional issues or questions related to any training should be directed to Revelation of Hope Counseling Services, C/O Alvin Bonds, II by contacting us at [email protected].
Association for Play Therapy
This course is approved for 3 Non-Contact CE Clock Hours. Revelation of Hope Counseling Services is an APT Approved Provider #21-653. Revelation of Hope Counseling Services is an APT Approved Provider #21-653.
**Play Therapy Credit will NOT be awarded to non-mental health professionals. **
Revelation of Hope Counseling Services has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7203. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Revelation of Hope Counseling Services is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Participants are responsible for ensuring this program meets the individual requirements of your licensure and/or certificate.