This is a non-contact HOME STUDY training based on a live training that was recorded.
The exposure to racial trauma continues to increase for African American children and families requiring play therapist to show up with more than a general understanding of cultural awareness in the play therapy setting. African American families are in need of an environment where they can learn about their internal systems, explore conflicts with external systems in relation to racial trauma. Utilizing the parts framework along with the therapeutic powers of play this workshop will challenge play therapist to become aware of their own internal system and the impact of racial trauma and how it impacts their practice with African American families.
- Participants will discuss the use of the Internal Family Systems model within the play therapy setting.
- Participants will analyze the impact of race-based trauma on African American children and families.
- Participants will list three play therapy interventions that can help clients further their racial, cultural and ethnic identities.
- Participants will analyze their role in the play therapy setting.
In order to receive continuing education credit for this home study training you must complete the following:
- Read through the PowerPoint Slides
- Watch the complete video of the presentation, which is approximately 2 hours and 42 minutes.
- Read the article, From “Crib to Coffin”: Navigating Coping From Racism-Related Stress Throughout the Lifespan of Black Americans
- Write a 1-2 paragraph reaction to reading the above article
- Complete the Course Evaluation
- Complete the Quiz
- After all of the above have been completed, the course room will generate a CE certificate you are able to save and/or print.
Revelation of Hope Counseling Services is solely responsible for this training program. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All governance or additional issues or questions related to any training should be directed to Revelation of Hope Counseling Services, C/O Alvin Bonds, II by contacting us at email@example.com.
Association for Play Therapy
This course is approved for 3 Non-Contact CE Clock Hours. Revelation of Hope Counseling Services is an APT Approved Provider #21-653.
**Play Therapy Credit will NOT be awarded to non-mental health individuals. **
National Association of Social Workers
This program was approved by the National Association of Social Workers – Tennessee Chapter (Provider Number: NASWTN 2022-0011) for 3.0 continuing education units.
Professionals participating in the home study training are encouraged to review Chapter 1365-1 to ensure the workshop they are attending is applicable and appropriate to their professional development. The Tennessee Board of Social Work Certification and Licensure does not pre-approve continuing education programs. It is the responsibility of the LMSW/LCSW, using their professional judgment, to justify that the continuing educational program meets the guidelines of Chapter 1365-1 and is relevant to their professional practice.
As stated within the rules and regulations of the State of Tennessee Board for Professional Counselors (0450-01-.12-(5)-(a)-1-vi and vii), Marital and Family Therapists (0450-02-.12-(5)-(a)-1-vi and vii), and Clinical Pastoral Therapists (0450-03-.12-(5)-(a)-1-vi and vii), the hours approved for this event by NASW-TN chapter are considered pre-approved hours acceptable for submission of documentation for continuing professional development for individuals licensed by this Board. This event is approved for 3.0 clock hours.
Participants are responsible for ensuring this program meets the individual requirements of your licensure and/or certificate.