This is a non-contact HOME STUDY training based on a live training that was recorded.
Fact: Most professionals are not receiving trauma training.
Trauma training is rarely implemented into the core curriculum of graduate training in psychology and other related fields. This lack of trauma training means that many mental health professionals are not skilled in working with traumatized individuals. If trauma survivors are not given trauma-informed care, clients may not respond optimally or may even be re-traumatized by the mental health system, and clinicians may experience vicarious traumatization.
- Explain information processing and the impact of trauma on the brain.
- Describe how therapists should change their approach and questions when looking a clients through a trauma-informed lens.
- Identify the 6 C's of trauma work (compassion, consent, collaboration, coregulation, curiosity, and connecting various parts of the self)
- Explain how the mid-brain can literally be rewired to adaptively process upsetting material.
In order to receive continuing education credit for this home study training you must complete the following:
- Read through the PowerPoint Slides
- Watch the complete video of the presentation, which is approximately 2 hours and 42 minutes.
- View the YouTube video that is indicated on Presentation Slide 32. The video is approximately 9 minutes and 42 seconds.
- Write a 1-2 paragraph reaction to the course material being presented.
- Complete the Quiz
- Complete the Course Evaluation
- After all of the above have been completed, the course room will generate a CE certificate you are able to save and/or print.
Revelation of Hope Counseling Services is solely responsible for this training program. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to [email protected]. All governance or additional issues or questions related to any training should be directed to Revelation of Hope Counseling Services, C/O Alvin Bonds, II by contacting us at [email protected].
National Association of Social Workers
This program was approved by the National Association of Social Workers – Tennessee Chapter (Provider Number: NASWTN 2022-0031) for 3.0 continuing education units.
Professionals in attendance at this training are encouraged to review Chapter 1365-1 to ensure the workshop they are attending is applicable and appropriate to their professional development. The Tennessee Board of Social Work Certification and Licensure does not pre-approve continuing education programs. It is the responsibility of the LMSW/LCSW, using their professional judgment, to justify that the continuing educational program meets the guidelines of Chapter 1365-1 and is relevant to their professional practice.
Revelation of Hope Counseling Services has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7203. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Revelation of Hope Counseling Services is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Recorded Video Presentation
Course Evaluation (Required)